Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So You've Worked Out For A Month And Have Nothing To Show For It:: Big Deal?

Alright guys, it's been just about a month. I've been eating less, I've been working out more, and what do I have to show for it? Basically less money because I have to do my laundry more. I sweat hard core and I am not too proud of it (but can't really do anything about it). Initially I was a bit worried about this. How could I work out four times a week and have nothing to show besides the normal shapey body I've had for a few years. What if I am one of those guys that you always see at the gym. I'm already showing signs of loosing my hair, and I don't exactly have the accent of Bear Grylls to attract the ladies. Sure, I do have a girlfriend, and how she's stuck around for so long is probably thought of a blessing to those around me. It's only a matter of time before she realizes I'm going to be fat, bald, and what remaining hair is there will be red.

But I've come to realize something. It's not that bad of a thing that I'm not seeing the weight loss. For one, it's still only been one month. Secondly, I'm getting in shape. Just because I still lift the least when I'm in there (to my defense, it's usually lineman in the gym when I go) and for the first time in eight years, I've been able to run four miles. Next week I shoot for five miles.

So what does this mean? Well, I guess nothing. Except playing Bongo Belly before my shower can still happen. That could only mean good thing for my drumless lifestyle, but only bad things for those in earshot of my bathroom.

I know I said I would be posting on how to live in NY for 500 bucks a month, but that will have to wait until after this weekend, where I will be going to DC, MD, and SJ for a weekend of hot dogs, beer, and shenanigans.

Well, I guess thats where my weight loss problems stem from. Dah welp.

Redsy.

No comments: