Saturday, September 15, 2007

Big Time Doucheing

So I've worked in event management for a number of years. The Riversharks gave me an experience I will never forget (working 100 hours a week and only getting about 2 bucks an hour). I've been spat on for "not doing my job" and been furiously yelled at for "not doing something right"

What I've realized is normal people don't realize shit. And yes, I'm classifying myself as not normal and above average people. It is not because of my SAT scores or my education. It's because the more I work in athletics, the more I realize normal people are freaking stupid and weird. And this does not exclude people who have graduated from what seems like reasonable institutuions. But when you do not know what you are talking about, please, especially when I'm a few beers deep, do not come into my office and yell at me for something you have no idea about.

Let me explain.

I work in college athletics right now. Footbal is our big sport (according to our coaches) but in reality, they suck. They haven't had a winning record in years. But because they are big meat headed football players and have the biggest roster, they think they are the shit, like most losing football programs. The worst about this is not only do the players think they are big shit, but so do the coaches. So when one of the coaches (read graduate assitants) comes into my office wondering why the program isn't a certain way (read shouldn't you be wondering why you're not producing a winning team) it gets me a little fired up. I mean come on, the last of your worries is what a few people read during the game. Does it matter where you came from? Absoultely not. You are here right now. Start acting like it.

My biggest pet peeve about this whole ordeal is people who do not know what they are talking about. Don't come to me asking for more shit when it's not possible. You think I know what the budget means? Hell no. But what I do understand is that we only have a limited amount of space, and sorry, football sucks here, so go fuck yourslef under a peach tree. We are not here to suck on the teet of just football, we're more of a pimp. We're here to suck on the teet of everyone. Stop putting us in a relationship you fucks.

Anyway, what I'm really saying is if you don't know what's going on, don't say anything.

Until next time,
Redsy

No comments: