Monday, August 20, 2007

The Night Shift

Well, here it is, 8:27 AM and I'm still awake. If you haven't already heard (which I doubt you did) I started working the night shift at the dorms. All I really do is sit there and wait for an emergency to happen. I'm pretty much like a third base umpire waiting for that big play that will make or break the game. Maybe a call down to see if the batter swung or a loopy line drive down the line that may or may not grace the chalk. But, like most third base umpires, I was let down. No emergencies in the two nights I've worked. The only exciting thing out of the 14 combine hours of sitting was that about an hour before my shift this morning was over I found out I had internet. Kinda wish I knew that prior to just sitting there twiddling my thumbs.

Anyhoo, I just thought I'd post here since I haven't in about a week. I did start a post that I've been wanting to write for a while, but it's still not done. Got the draft done. But for now, this jolly ol' kid is going to go take his belly full of bacon-egg-n-begal and hit the sac.

Until next time,
Redsy

Oh, by the way. I only made it to Wednesday for my no meat week. When you're going out into the city and not eating on your dime, you gotta make it count...and I did.

No comments: